OSHA HAZWOPER 8 Hour Annual Refresher Course
When supplemented with site-specific information, this course meets the OSHA requirements in 29 CFR 1910.120 for eight hours of annual refresher training
for workers conducting clean-up operations at hazardous waste sites.
The HAZWOPER 8-Hour Refresher course covers: an overview of HAZWOPER regulations, detecting hazardous materials, toxicology, respirators, site safety planning, decontamination, hazardous communication, hazardous waste, and levels of protection.
» Alternate Provider
Required Annual Refresher Training
OSHA requires that employees, managers and supervisors need to successfully complete an 8-Hour refresher course for this purpose.
Fully Narrated and Interactive Course
This course is 100% online with full narration and includes interactive exercises, tests and engaging course material. You will learn different hazard management and hazardous waste regulations per OSHA and other federal safety agency standards. The entire course consists of 9 lessons.
HAZWOPER 8 Hour Annual Refresher Course Testing
This course has 9 individual lessons. Each lesson has a quiz and there is a final exam at the end. All quizzes must be passed with a minimum score of 70%, and the final exam has a minimum passing score of 70%. If you fail the final exam, you will have two (2) additional attempts to pass the exam at no extra charge.
Immediate Downloadable Certificate Upon Completion
Once you successfully complete your 8 Hour HAZWOPER Annual Refresher training, you may download, save or print a certificate of completion. This will satisfy the need for proof of your training for your employer or inspector.
A qualified HAZWOPER instructor will be available to you by e-mail within your Learning Management System (LMS). You will typically receive a response within a few hours and be guaranteed one within 24 hours. This is a critical advantage to our quality program.
Course Lessons Include
- Detecting Hazardous Materials
- Site Safety Planning
- Hazardous Communication
- Hazardous Waste
- Levels of Protection
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize and recall OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Site Characterization.
- Identify the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures.
- Describe potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers, and reactive chemicals.
- Identify chemicals and hazards they present in the workplace.
- Identify components of OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard and steps of any Hazard Communication Program.
- Identify radiation hazards and different types of radiation.
- Identify different types of respiratory equipment.
- Indicate Protection Factors.
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE.
- Recognize and indicate the characteristics of a work zone.
- List the elements of site security.
- Recognize the principles of decontamination methods as well as levels of decontamination.
- Define a Medical Surveillance Program and its purpose.
- Identify the types and methods of air monitoring.
- Recall characteristics of the confined space permit system, such as main confined space atmospheric hazards and types of ventilation.
- Describe the medical concerns associated with confined spaces.
- Indicate the various considerations in an emergency situation and the importance of training and action for personal safety and the safety of others.
This course is intended for all general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or
This refresher course is intended ONLY for those who have already completed the 40-hour or 24-hour HAZWOPER training.
OSHA - 29 CFR 1910.120
OSHA Campus Online is operated by American Safety Council. OSHA Outreach Trainer - Taylor Sikes.